No UTI, kidney stone, wth is going on???

Posted , 4 users are following.

My nightmare started 3 months ago. Felt like i was passing another kidney stone (passed a few before). Had the horrific flank pain then it stopped. The next day i felt like i had a uti (burning when i peed, constant urge to pee). AZO test strips were positive so i started macrobid. Took it, felt better at first then kept having uti symptoms and kidney pain.

Long story short my next 3 urine tests at dr office showed no infection. Uroligist said my kidney stone had grown and was causing the problems.

I had lithotripsy last week and miraculously my stone busted up perfectly. Im peeing tiny grains of sand with no flank pain. But my uti symptoms are still there.

It burns not at all when i pee, but just a contant burning while not peeing. Im chugging water so im obviously peeing often. But im burning all the time.

Im terrified i have interstitial cystitis since i keep showing i have no infection. I have no stomach/pelvic pain or anything else. Just a constant burning sensation like ive held my urine too long (im not) and pressure like i need to pee even when ive just went.

Is this from the kidney stone or IC? The lithotripsy was expensive and i dont want to have more procedures to figure this out. But its not going away.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

so sorry to hear of your experience, i had 4 years of the same , since taking oil of oregano capsules, which is antimicrobial daily x2 and using vaginal moisteriser , its finally under control , hope this helps.

• Posted

speaking about interstitial cystitis that was mentioned.

• Posted

I produced 50 stones over 2 months. I asked a urologist could an infection have cause me to produce stones and he said =it could have been that. That was 6 years after and the stones stopped due to taking 10 days of Supphamethoxazole. I'm not suggesting you should take that but I got it from the USA. I also saw blood in my urine which also stopped after the Tri- methoxazole. That came years after the stones had stopped...... My resistance seems to hold up good on many an occasion but I got a terrible prostate and bladder infection but the urologist did lots of test on me but not a PCR test which he should have done.

He had the audacity to challenge me by saying as he ushered me out of the door so that a learner who was in the room did not hear him but he told me =you can't prove you had an infection........ I replied well in that case where did the blood episodes go to? He said problably a coincidence. There is no such thing as coincidences or luck. Clinical things happen because they will do as per Murphy's law!

Because I had TB as a kid but was not ill with it it did affect my lungs sufficiently so that my hemoglobin is sometimes high. I've also had lymph node issues at 50 and then in 2013...... Not once did the appropriate doctors read my medical history which I find astonishing and totally unacceptable. My glands and waterworks were most likely TB which can recur. I had to take 33 days of Ciporofloxacin which definitely knocked the infection severely and I have not had and waterworks symptoms there after apart from three glitches which lasted but three days and then went away by themselves. It's been two years at least trouble free but the PCR test is the newest for doctors who will use it. Polymerase chain reaction..... it amplifies the bacteria so that the certain bacteria can be identified. It will often be more positive when other tests will not work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.