No vision

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is it normal to have blurry vision is it normal after 4 weeks of cataracts and lense implant surgery 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No. Ladynox, it sounds like you could have several issues going on. Please see your doc immediately. The things you've described in two postings just aren't the norm. They could be very minor things to "tweak," but better the doctor know what's been happening than you wait too long.

• Posted

Have you ever seen clearly since surgery?  IE does blurriness come and go or has it been constant?  Is there one distance you see clearly at?   Some people have blurry vision while on the drop regiment although most would say it is a condition that comes and goes.  Other reasons for blurry vision are varied:  you could have astigmatism or the lens power is offf, etc.  Have you had a follow-up appointment with the surgery?  What has he or she said about the blurry vision?   It is hard to speculate on your particular situation without more details but best you make an appointment with your surgeon to find out why.   
    • Posted

Thank you for taking time to answer me and no I have not had any clear vision ever since the surgery whenever I wear my glasses my vision still remains blurry and when i take them off it becomes worse
    • Posted

You really need to have your opthamologist take a look to see what is going on.  
    • Posted

If I'm not mistaken, your old prescription glasses would not be helpful after iol implant. The lens would change your prescription. What lens did you get?

• Posted

Call your doctor office and insist on an appointment asap . I hear the lense implant can fail sometimes, like twisting or curling. Or maybe something is still under the lense. Hopefully an easy fix. I know people that have had this done. Most insurance should cover whatever it is. Just keep us posted please. Ruby S
  • Posted

Do you know what are your lenses? For examples, are they:

- AcrySof IQ aspheric monofocal or AcrySof IQ ReSTOR

- AMO Intraocular Lenses, Model Numbers: ZCB00, PCB00, AR40e, ZLB00, ZXR00

- TECNIS Multifocal 1-Piece Intraocular Lens, Model No. ZKB00, ZLB00

- Oculentis IOLs (manufactured between an 2012 and May 2015)

• Posted

Lady Nox, is your vision blurry or foggy ? I had cataract surgery 4 years ago ,and my vision is still foggy. Hope you have better luck.

• Posted

I've been experiencing blurry vision, double vision, plus burning eyes. Although the burning subsided after 3 -4 months . I'm still dealing with the blurry vision as well as occasional double vision and I has my surgeries 3/7/18, 4/3/18. Doctors don't usually tell their patients about these issues beforehand. Check out this site and you will find more than a few people experiencing these issues long after their surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.