No weight loss

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been taking the tablets for a week and have only lost 1/2lb. Bit disappointed as am on slimming world diet and lost 3.5lbs week before taking the tablets.  It's my period week so I'm hoping this is why.  Has anyone else not lost anything in the first week. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I lost 3 stone on the tablets but it does take a few wks to get in your system. You will have to watch your diet doing slimming world because all meat and fish are free foods on slimming world but some have to high fat content. You are not meant to have over 5g per 100g and most meat and fish do. You don't want the dreaded oil to happen!!! I speak from experience yuck💩💩💩💩💩

Some weeks I lost 1lb some weeks 4lb! All the tablets do is if you have more fat than you're meant to you poo it out! They don't actually make you loose weight faster. They put you off eating rubbish as the side effects are so grim. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks for ypur reply. I am watching my fat content and certainly have stopped snacking so juat keep at it. Thanks. 
  • Posted

Me. I am just into my 3rd week and have not lost anything yet :-(

Other people have said it takes a few weeks to work properly so im giving it 4 weeks. If it hasn't done anything by then im gonna stop taking it.  I am eating healthily and drinking loads of water so fingers crossed x 

• Posted

They do work i've nearly finished my journey. for a start it's TOTM so i wouldn't worry about it and secondly i find it more beneficial to get weighed every 4 weeks if i had to weigh myself each week it would drive me nuts but everyone is different. Stick with it
  • Posted

Hi Yvonne don't give up it took me 3 weeks to lose any weight when I first started after my 3rd week the weight started to come off. I lost 8lb then it's gradually still coming off I have lost 35lb so far in 3 months. I just been away on holiday & I didn't take tablets as I had a bad stomach but I still managed to lose 4 lb so don't give up everyone is different and their bodies just take a little longer to adjust. Good luck x
  • Posted

5 weeks in and lost 17 lb .....its hard but slowly coming off dont give up ....it will be worth it in the end x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, do you weigh yourself weekly or just once a month.  I'm in the habit of weighing weekly and need to know I'm not gaining, hopefully thinks will start moving soon. Well done on 17lb in 5 weeks, that's great would you mind sharing what sort of things you eat, i.e. a typical day. x

• Posted

My first gp weigh in was on a Wednesday so that's my weigh in day ...I do eat pasta and rice but half my usual amount dont have butter or marg anymore ive had pizza but instead if the whole thing just one delicious slice with loads of salad and plenty of fruit throughout he day .....just what I would normally eat but smaller portions no crisps or chips....I've had a few days with the yucky side effects but then I know not to eat what I did again. ...just be sensible and remember what your aiming for a healthier you x good luck let me know how you're getting on 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.