No weight loss on Orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been taking Orlistat for 5 days yes I’m having oil in my bowel movement but I can still control my bowels (no oopsies yet).

And yes I’m trying to lower my portions and eat less fat 

I know it’s early days yet but I haven’t lost any weight I hear stories of people losing 2-3lbs a week on Orlistat. 

Does it take time to work regarding weight loss and how long 

Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am like you been on them for a week, first 5 days I had oily/orange stools but day 6 &7 no stools at all. I have only eaten meals with around 5g of fat. As of yet no weight loss but a friend of mine was on them for 2 weeks before she lost any weight. Im back to gym next week so fingers crossed I do start to lose weight. Everyone is different so dont lose faith yet.

• Posted

I would say that it is a learning process. I actually started dieting with Alli in December with an incorporated 100 mg of Protein and I am at just a hair under 50 lbs lost. I got rid of soda. I will say that I only eat about 1000 cal/day. I am not a big eater.

• Posted

How long was you on the tablets before you started to lose weight? Ive been on them 2 wks now and not lost anything. Im eating no more than 5g fat per meal and 1000 cals pre day, I have been logging all my meals etc on My fitness plan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.