No weight loss yet on xenicol. .... Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on xenicol for 3 weeks doing everything I should, no toilet problems and exercising at gym 3/4 times per week. I HAVE NOT LOST A THING!@#@! Please Help... where am I going wrong. I feel like giving up! I don't use dressings on my food, threw out all mayonnaise, butter all unnecessary fats. I'm really frustrated.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hey tgee , I can sympathise I've been on it 3 weeks too but I've lost 1/2 pound like you I'm dis heartened x
    • Posted

Hi Cheryl. All my friends are saying hang in there it will happen lol.... but when? Keep me informed with your progress. Are you exercising as well? X
  • Posted

I'm on week 4 and have not lost a thing. I've been eating right no side effects go to the gym 4 times a weeks. It's so disheartening, especially when you see people loosing large amounts. I have a check up with my dr today so let's see what he says
  • Posted

Thanks!!!

I'm not sure what if I want to continue with it though. I did see it as my last change. But with no weight loss a holiday and a wedding coming up its getting me down.

• Posted

It's not easy is it I see doc next wed , but a few folk on here have said it can sometimes take to week 5 to work so maybe a thought xx
    • Posted

yeh im gonna still keep trying, as if i dont its like everything else, i always give up at first hurdle.  but im so determined this time,  and yes it is so disheartening coz maybe if you lost some weight it would encourage to go on.  so setermined to get beach body for october travelling to Turkey with my BF. so hang in there girls and lets see what happens? good luck and keep us informed xxx
    • Posted

Hey I'm thinking about Turkey in sept but no way I'll be beach ready pmsl but hey ho I'll keep going xx
  • Posted

I'm hanging in there, just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and keep plodding on.
  • Posted

How much do you guys want to lose if you don't mind me asking?
    • Posted

I'd love to lose 4 stone but I'm taking it at half a stone at a time x
    • Posted

i would love to lose couple of stone but not thinking i will do that so just any weight loss at the moment would be fantastic. xx
  • Posted

Yeah I want to lose 4 stone too. Would be happy with 2 stones
  • Posted

Hi...maybe you are not eating enough and your body is storing as you seem to be exercising a lot...do you use the free app myfitpal. ...its brilliant.lots of ideas recipes...and many foods on the database....keep going...maybe you are like me and many others...it takes time...for more inspiration go to you tube and type in orlistat...there is a girl called toxic panda....she has lost 40lbs in 7 months. ...she tells the good bad and ugly of orlistat. ...good luck
    • Posted

Yeah I watched all her videos before I started. Because I've always had weight problems, there are a lot of changes that I have made to my every day eating habits before starting on Orlistate. Portion control, wholewheat fry light sprays. I don't really know what else to do. I'm gonna just carry on and do more research and hope for the best.
    • Posted

You sound like a copy of myself....but I know I'm loosing slowly.by my clothes.....my scales are rubbish...so I have to wait for 3 weeks untill I go to my dr...but I know her scales were off to saying I was lighter which miffed me a little as I'd like the true picture....your doing everything right keep going....its probably annoying when you hear that.....its feel the same honest..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.