Nodular gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have just recently had a gastrscopy and was diagnosed with nodular gastritis and am awaiting the results of the biopsies results .im just really worried cause I have read it can cause stomach cancer does anyone suffer from this ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I really wouldn't worry about it

If you see the ration the odds are very slim. 95% of America have some sort of stomach issue

Good luck

• Posted

Don't google your symptoms because it will make you worry and this will make your symptoms worse.  Rather wait for your biopsy results and trust what your doctor tells you.   Following a gastritis diet along with PPI medication will help your gastritis to heal.

• Posted

Thsnks i suffer from anxiety which doesnt help the condition but i do have a bad habit of googling everything
    • Posted

If you are anxious about your symptoms, tell your doctor who will be able to give you accurate information and reassure you.  Googling my symptoms sent my panic and health anxiety through the roof.
  • Posted

Definitely take pippa's advice and stay away from Google.  Googling my symptoms in the past caused me to have a panic attack.  Gastritis is a very common stomach disorder.  If your gastritis is caused by h-pylori then you'll go on a two week antibiotic treatment plan to eradicate the bacteria. However, it doesn't always get eradicated the first time, so there's a chance you may have to do a second round.  If you do end up having h-pylori, go get yourself a strong probiotic, at least 50 billion. Stick to a VERY clean diet during those two weeks.  No dairy or gluten, keep the sugars, carbs, fats and acidic foods very low.

If h-pylori comes back negative, then your doctor will prescribe most likely a PPI, but I highly recommend taking an H2 blocker instead.  Much safer with less side effects.  You'll take the acid reducer daily and stick to a clean diet.  Keep a food diary of what you eat.  Eliminate foods that cause any discomfort.  Of course, stay away from the typical triggers like acidic foods, greasy/oily foods, tomato based foods, soda/carbinated drinks, coffee, spicey foods, chocolate, heavy processed foods, etc.  Everyone is different, find the foods that are gentle for your stomach.

Additional supplements that can help speed up the healing process:

L-glutamine

DGL

Digestive Enzymes

Probiotics

Zinc L-Carnosine

Slippery Elm

Keep your stress down, drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and most importantly, be patient.  Gastritis doesn't heal overnight, it can takes several months to heal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.