Nodules, and methotrexate.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Some drs say methotrexate causes the nodule, my Dr. Says Nope, RA does. Any know anything about this? I want to go off that nasty drug and do CBD oil.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah, I dont really think mtx would cause the synovial nodules. I feel sure they are part of the R A symptoms. If anything mtx would reduce them I would think. I agree that mtx is a dreadful drug though but not sure whether CBD would have any effect upon the disease process. Do you have any research which shows that it does. Maybe it helps the pain though which is good always, how about fatigue though, I think the fatigue is the very worst part of R A
  • Posted

RA causes nodules both on joints and organs, if anything MTX will prevent these happening or reduce the incidence.

I watched my Sister in Law battle RA over 40 years ago with only gold injections, warm wax massages and bed rest to help her. She is now in her 80's and suffers dreadfully. Another friend from back then is in a wheelchair, unable to walk, her feet so misshapen they can't hold her up. I agree MTX is a dreadful drug but the alternative is worse.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I am a worry wart about the drug methotrexate. I read on line so many horror reports, and people saying to get off this nasty drug. I get so worried bad scared the drug will give me some heart or kidney problem, or something like that. My son has been on methotrexate for over a year and never had problem. Wish I could just take it and not worry so much. But I do. Thank you for listening
    • Posted

I fully understand Deborah, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am lucky that except for an occasional queasy feeling the morning I take it I have no side effects. It does affect my liver though and to protect myself I have blood test results sent to me as well as my Rheumatologist and I keep a spreadsheet so I can check on it myself. If my liver shows signs of strain I do what I can to help it. I'm also now on a weekly biologic DMARD injection too and feeling better than I have for years.

All you can do is what feels right for you, there are other things you can try if you can't face MTX so please don't despair and Good luck.

• Posted

I have been on mtx for 15 yrs and have not had any problems. I hope you decide to take it. I believe that the alternative is much worse. Feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.