Noisy rumbling stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I wasn't sure where to put this but I hope this is appropriate. I wondered if anyone has had any issues with their stomach stomach. I get really bad gas and rumbling when it is empty. I have been told that I have a lot of gas in my stomach. But I don't get bowel symptoms. No unusual noises in my intestines / mid lower abdomen etc. And I don't really get pain very often, it's more a hollow discomfort. But it's literally just my stomach, behind my left ribs. It's relieved by eating. Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try to fight it with healthy diet and good quality probiotics.

It may be just bad food you had.

• Posted

Mine was like this so much so that others could hear it clearly 

I had a hiatus hernia incarcerated so it was excess air and acids causing the loud noises

Have you had this checked out? 

• Posted

EdEire, unfortunately food has no impact whatsoever. I’ve been on the longest list of elimination and health based diets and it simply makes NO difference. I’ve also have serious courses or probiotics and again, no improvement sad

Linda9693 - I have had endoscopies, MRIs, X-rays  etc. I assume it would have been picked up? 

Thanks for the replies. 

• Posted

Well it could be ibs....it could be liver issue.... It could be many things. You will need further testing and a good gp.

Sorry i was no help.

• Posted

Pain under the ribcage could be gastritis.  Does an6 food set it off? Try a food diary and ask for an endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.