Non allergic nasal congestion

Posted , 2 users are following.

My partner has been suffering from non allergic congestion ever since he was prescribed

Biosoporal andamlodophine for a brain bleed he had 3 years ago it's just a permanent

Stuffy blocked nose which is a side effect from the meds he takes everything

Dr has prescribed only gives him about 10 minute relief over counter sprays

And tablets don't work can anyone having similar problems please help or

Advise thank you eagerly waiting for replies

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,  which country are you in, as our meds in England could be different  from yours.

I too suffer Rhinitis and it's a miserable condition.  Also so many on this forum suffer Eustachian Tube Dysfunction too.

Has the person suffering tried Flixonase Aqueous Steroid Naal spray.  I've used this for years and it does help to some extent.

Decongestants I use last up to 8 hrs, however, they should only be used for a very short time.  Try Citrizine Antihistamine just to see if they help.  I've tried absolutely everything for this condition....blocked on my left side every night as soon as I lie down.  Possibly a de-humidifier could potentially help.  The person should get his/her doctor to check up their nose to see what's gong on...could have polyps, as I have too.  I sooner suffer with a blocked nose than blocked ears, as at least some relief can be made from a decongestant.  Towel over head and inhale steam and Olbas oil on a hanky to breath in too.

Sorry not very helpful.  Hope some relief is found soon.

Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne thanks so much for your reply,yes I live in U.K West Mids

Unfortunately he has tried all over the counter remedies and DRS

Prescriptions,while they give him a small relief it's not much,he says

He gets no more than a five minute relief (I suspect it's a little longer you

Have to remember we're talking about a bloke lol)but I do feel really

Sorry for him, the cause of his stuffy nose is a side effect to his meds

I wondered if anyone out there was suffering from the same thing

And what did they do to get relief,your idea of the towel over the

Head yes is good,you or I would do it,He on the other hand would

Chuck it through the window lol lol lol

Many Thanks Anne

Ann

• Posted

Morning,  You made me laugh.  Yes, you're right men certainly aren't like women (or most of them aren't) we try and help ourselves !  If you really think the meds are to blame and he's still taking them, I guess nothing can be done until they're finished.  Sad what he's been through though.  Buy some Olbas Oil for is to sniff.  I use it a lot and used to post it out to my sister in the US who thought it was amazing for her sinus issues.  (sadly she has died of cancer)

Good Luck

Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne glad I made you laugh,I asked him what are you taking right now for your little problem,Gelositin was the reply

It's a sea salt spray which is natural orange and lemons with refined

Sesame oils,he says it gives him 5minutes relief, as he has tried every

Other treatment known to man,WHY? He asked, so I told him that I had

Put his problem out on the patient forum hoping someone might be

Able to help,he thanked me very much,then said well actually I've put your problems out on the net and I've had loads of responded

Oh I said,what did they say SHOOT HER, he said, honestly Anne there

Is no helping some people lol lol

But thank you for your help

Ann

• Posted

You and he are so funny a pair of comics lol....Just let him get on with it.  I say this to my old man all the time, he will never take any advise either.

From one Anne to another.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.