Non displaced humeral head fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took a fall Easter weekend, went to ER they did xray showed nothing.. After 5 weeks of arm not in sling etc.. I went to my Dr. and order MRI which showed I had this non displaced humeral head fracture.. Once we knew what it was, they started me on P.T.  Well I can do the things they want me to do.. But I am in constant discomfort and throbbing and sometimes middle of my arm hurts.. I wake up several times a night because I get stiff and it will throb.. Will this ever stop.. I have been in pain for 17 weeks and just about at my witts end.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i hope you are better now. mine was a 3 break humeros fracture of the shoulder, i wore a sling for 6 weeks. but for the last 3 weeks my hand is swollen and stiff, going for MRItoday on hand then to a hand dr. boy i am getting tired of all these co-pays for specilists

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your hand.. My arm hurts some, but I was never in a sling.. So you did not have to have surgery??? 6 weeks for you 17 weeks for me.. Today's visit he wants MRI of my neck thinks the nerves from that has something to do with it.. Back off on p.t. he said.. Just do my arms out ones that's it... I hear ya on co pays.. 

• Posted

no havnt had surgery my 6 week x-rays showed new bone forming back in 6 more weeks for more xrays, he better not tell me i need surgery after 12 weeks. I had ct done at er when i fell of my neck and head they said it was ok but with this hand thing i hope there is not a problem somewhere els in my arm. i have 1 PT visit left tomorrow and MRI on my hand, will let you know how it goes
    • Posted

Wow  that many broken and no surgery u are lucky . Before my MRI they thought maybe I did my rotator cuff . After 17 weeks I have had it lol
    • Posted

Even my shoulder still hurts certain ways i move up or to side, does yours. I only had 1 non displaced fracture
    • Posted

Can i lift arm straight up no bend, and does it still hurt.  I still hurt and sleeping stinks as it gets stiff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.