non displaced humerus head fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I have recently (7th March 2017) broken my shoulder right arm. I believe it's the humerus head I know it's in 3 parts as I recall from the xray. I fell over crossing the road and also broke my radial (elbow) but it's nothing like the shoulder in pain and thr effect it has on abilities to carry out normal activities.on the 13th February I gave birth so I am putting my unfortunate breaks down to being post natal 😕. I just wondered of any recent stories about recovery, driving and resuming normal everyday activities. I have not heard many positives about physio in stories I've read so far. Look forward to any responses ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah... I have replied to you in the other thread lol a few minutes ago .. hope you saw it smile... there are quite a few posts on fractured shoulders.. you may have to trail through them to get ideas or information.. all  helpful.. keep your chin up and dont get too down smile
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, How have you been carrying on?  Keep your chin up and post an update when you can.  PS congratulations on the new baby!!
    • Posted

Hi, 😀 thank you for your reply and you congratulations. Are you recovering or recovered? I'm 4 weeks now since breaks and everyday I do assisted physio and pendulum movement x3 at a physio apointment mentioned recently they have said to continue these until week 6 when physio will begin which will be more vigorous. I am doing OK as far as baby goes and seeing to him 😀 he is happy as it hasn't really effected his world. My 5 year old however is a bit bored not goig places in the car and staying closer to home with mummy. I miss driving so much and am working strengthening my left hand and wrist from my elbow break to get back on the road. From day 1 to now I'm moving a little more and within boundaries of arm telling me it's not ready I try and use it nothing weighty or too challenging. So although baby steps I'm positively moving in the right direction 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.