Non Epileptic Seizures and additonal maladies

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Glad for this forum and inputs. Since June 2016 I have been having seizures that I am alert with. I had been told its just because I am an old person, or I am full of anxiety. My head, limbs and room does spin. I am a very easy going person and my friends have told the neurologist nothing could be further from the truth. I now have been dealing with headaches that are low grade and can feel them when I am awake and moving around a bit. I have weakness where I walk to the right and have to touch the walls, center island in the kitchen and such. Outside I use a walker. I also for the past year or so have had blurred vision or foggy vision. My speech is impacted often with aphasia. That has been happening since the seizures started.I also have pain now below my waist due to one knee having no cartilage and the skin growing reddish and black/brown. The other leg is beginning to go in the same direction. I am told I have Lipedema and incurable disease and have fought of both breast and thyroid cancer. I would like some help in figuring out the correlation of the seizures, headaches, vision and speech issues and weakness and ambulation issues. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry you're dealing with these symptoms. Have you seen a neurologist, or is the doctor advising you your general practitioner? I think that a neurologist would be able to shed more light on what might be going on, and more importantly, offer a strategy to give you some relief. So many doctors are willing to chalk symptoms up to one's age, and that is unprofessional of them and hugely unfair. You might also consider having a nutritional panel of bloodwork done. This could be something as simple as needing a vitamin or mineral supplement. Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Dear Heyyou,

I am 65 years old, elderly myself. Aging brings it's hidden surprises. You dear soul. I have thyroid problems, arthritis, light sensitivity etc...risk for diabetise and the list will most likely be more as I age. My seizures started on the day I went for a heart scan( 60 years old), moments when I got off the scanning table. Dizzy, nausea and came around to reality on the floor beside my daughter who had come with me. Two seizures and a ambulance call later from home. From that time on I was in and out of hospitals, ERs, test and medications. The first worked for a while and the next one had horrible side effects. Now at the age of 65 years old I had a case of Shingles months ago I was put on anti-seizure med. Surprise it controls my seizures. This med contols the sever pain of Shingles plus. Having seizures will cause a multitude of reactions. Are you on meds for theses? If the brain functions are stressed for any reason a person can have many physical problems. I hope you fine some relief. Email.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.