Non genital LS

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have LS on elbow, armpit and groins not genital area. If you have this type what has helped?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It must be another skin condition because lichen sclerosis is only on genitals.

I checked again online and find only references to it appearing on vulva area and around anus.

Correct me if I am mistaken but that is what I have been told and read.

• Posted

Lichen Schlerosis can be anywhere on your body. I have it all over my entire body, including thighs, neck, arms. Already had the biopsy on my abdomen.
    • Posted

LS is an inflammatory skin disorder that can appear anywhere on the skin.

Granted it not as common in areas other than genital.

I am wondering if dry skin with a lower lipid skin barrier may be more susceptible.

• Posted

I have Lichen Schlerosis all over my body. I can be anywhere, even in the mouth! Luckily I don't have it there. I had a biopsy on my abdomen and it was confirmed. If you Google "Non-Genital" LS you will find that many people suffer from it. There are pictures of it when it has flared, and when it settles down. Last winter was my worst in 15 years. My Dermatologist had some ointment made up for me at a local pharmacy. It's a steroid, plus tar and menthol. It cools and moisturizes. Dovonox is another that works well for some. Hope this helps. Good luck,
  • Posted

I have a friend who has this on her face and she has used coconut oil on it with great results. Good luck.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up