Non-harmonal Copper IUD

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I may have this post in the wrong area. 

I’ve been researching my symptoms after having an IUD inserted in mid October 2017 and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m either A: dying according to google or B: I’m crazy. 

I’m not even sure if this is the right group. 

As mentioned, in mid October, I had a non-Harmon’s copper IUD insertion. My life is one big stress ball with being in school to become a Paralegal, juggling assignment, tests, my nine year old daughter, her school work, her extracurricular activities, as well as doing the books for my partners construction company. While all this was going on, I was forgetting to take my BC pills. So the thought of an IUD was very appealing to me as I wouldn’t have to worry. One less thing on my plate. I was doing decently well weight wise as well even with not being able to work out like I used to. I heard wonderful reviews and wished to be one of those women who gets it done and then no period, no problems like most of my friends had. 

I went and had the IUD insertion and since then I’ve had issues. I had my period which was light then heavy, for almost two weeks. I had a week of no period, then a few days, back to nothing, came back for a few days and then nothing for a few weeks. I thought it was finally going away and starting a routine. Little did I know that the routine is making me consider having it removed. 

When I was on my birth control my period was 3-4 days at the most. Now my periods come regularly every month, however, it’s mostly spotting for 7 days then 2-4 days of heavy bleeding. Once it goes away, I get about a week and a bit with nothing, then I have light cramping (which is where I am today), a day or two of super light spotting, hardly noticeable type of spotting, then nothing for another week and then a light period a week for a week and then boom a few days of heavy period. I’ve gained about 20 pounds as well since I’ve had it. 

I’d like to mention too that I also take anti depressant medication called Wellbutrin. This helped me significantly loose weight and keep it off regardless of what I ate. I literally went from 198 pounds to 135 - 140 and stayed there since 2012/2013 to October 2017. My mood I would say has actually changed but I’ve also had a few things going on that may have affected it. 

I’m seriously considering having it removed. I’m tired of having the dreaded oh here it comes, for almost two weeks I have to deal with my period and then just a short time before I start spotting and then a short time until it’s back. 

I’ve waited for a bit to see if it settles. It cost me a fair bit of money and being a student right now, it took a good chunk of my money at the time to have it done. But I can’t deal with it my more. I’m wondering if anyone else had the same issues. I’m willing to give it a few more months but I’m getting to my wits end. 

Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.