Non hormonal IUD

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve just had my hormonal implant removed as it was hell on earth for nearly 2 years (I gave it a good shot lol).  I was considering the depot injection. But that’s the same hormone and I’m concerned I’ll have the same side effects. And once it’s in I’ve gotta ride it out for the 3 months.

So I’m considering the copper IUD and was just wondering what people’s experiences were?  Heavy bleeding? How long for ? Did it eventually stop?   I’m also considering the hormone (mirena) one but again that’s the same hormone.  I don’t think hormone based contraception is for me. But I don’t wanna just rely on condoms.  I of course insist on those too to help prevent sti’s. 

Just looking for some feedback really. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the Nexplanon implant and it was hellish for me as well. I had a non stop period and it was awful!!!! I know have the Mirena IUD. I've had it for a little over a year now. For me it's been a lot better. I honestly haven't had a period at all. Just some light bleeding here and there. My mood is a lot better as well. Good luck.

• Posted

The Mirena doesn’t affect your mood? I was concerned because it’s the same hormone I’d have the same issues .  Thank you for the reply.  Guess I’m gunna need to talk to my doctor about what’s best. But yeah that implant was awful.
    • Posted

For me my mood is better. I would cry and get angry very quickly on the implant...not so much now.
  • Posted

Hey babe,

I personally recommend tracking your body temperature with Natural Cycles.

I've been on hormonal stuff, and the IUD for YEARS, and have just now, in the past 9 months, found what I was looking for all along.

I love this app, and they send you a thermometer. It's easy to use, and it work for my life...

Here's a 10% off code:

https://www.naturalcycles.com/signup/secret?code=referralid10&referral=3u2ygpx5e60y629w

This seriously transformed my relationship to self, and my husband.

Highly recommended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.