Non infected small cyst won't go away. What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had a small Bartholin's Cyst for close to 10 years that has stayed about the same all that time. It's about the size and shape of an almond and it hurts as pressure builds durring foreplay, but then generally will release and be okay once things get hotter. I would love to have this heal and be done with it, but I'm not sure if a surgery or marsupialization is worth it since the pain is bearable and stable. What should I do? It effects my sex life and makes love a lot less fun.

Another note is that at times when I have been really into the person and have felt like they are a great match for me, I didn't have symptoms but when I've had doubts about the relationship in general the pain comes back. This is true regardless of how turned on I am. The mind and body work in mysterious ways.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

sorry to hear how long you have had this for. I have the same as you at the moment and its been a few months. I have strangely noticed the same as you, any doubts or unhappiness makes it flair up and cause discomfort. 

Serrapeptase is something i have seen many comments about, alot say it managed to get rid of it for them, i am yet to try it, slightly more cautious. 

Have a look at my other post, this seems to be working for me and is non existant currently. 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/home-remedy-tip-for-bartholin-cysts-413697?page=0#1406457

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi i cab help maybe as going through the same as u .

I recently bursted mine after 2 painful weeks of having an infected one

I went to the health shop and she gave me raw coconut oil which i cover down below in everynight and also have one spoon full a day it helps to mend the inside and out . She also have me some drops to put on which kills infection and . bacteria . i get a cotton ball every night and put 16 drops all over the ball and rub on all over the cyst and all around down below ( it dose hurt and burn but it works ) i did that when it was not infected to and it just went away or got a head and burst

Also took serrpeptase 2 times a day

Serrpeptase

Coconut oil

echinaforce drops (A.vogel)

• Posted

Sorry about the spelling on a new phone still trying to work it haha
  • Posted

Hi! I got a marsupialization a couple of months ago. The cyst (non infected) returned three days ago. Very small, but there. I have an appt with the surgeon tomorrow, as it was 'almost guaranteed' not to return. The biggest thing that struck me was what you said about doubts in the relationship impacting it - 100% yes in my case. Thanks for sharing that.

I am trying serrapeptase and mucinex and I might start silica drops.

• Posted

Dear Sara, thanks for your post, as I was about to start the same discussion.

As for me, I think all illnesses have mental reasons.

In my case, I really think there are 2 reasons for having that terrible cyst

- i am ashamed with my body (I don't like how I look today - I gained lots of weight after pregnancy and depressed with the cyst)

- I feel I can't be confident with my man (all my relationships before were ruined, I was pushed away all times), so I think I cant trust any-any men...

Its so sad. Now I m married, but I didn't learn to trust my man.. as I continuously think he can find smb more attractive , younger and less sad than I am.

As the cyst conserned to the gland which makes sexual fluids, it blocks

- my sexuality

- my self confidence

- the sense of trust to my man

- and really all my way of life...

• Posted

I also think the cyst conserned to the skill to be open and trustful to your man, to the skill to let him go inside you... I think it s mentally reason...

• Posted

Hi I feel you

I was the same and decided to get the whole gland removed. All is great. WI'll never come back bc there is no gland.

The best 2 u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.