Non Merry Christmas

Posted , 6 users are following.

This will be my first Christmas dinner with an uninvited guest,namely, 

Diverticula !! No doubt there to see that the contents of my festive

meal ,will be Turkey  ,Boiled potatoes,  and mashed carrots. No christmas pudding ,no mince pies ,

The question I HAVE to ask of seasoned sufferers ,is, do I indulge in 

the sprouts,and chestnuts, roast potatoes  peas roast parsnips and

cranberry sauce, ? cross my fingers and pray that I will not be Diverticulated ,or have a taste free, non dangerous ,boring dinner?

Has anyone thrown discretion to the wind and survived ?

Another problem is ,that it will be impossible to go out for christmas

dinner, just to watch your plate being stripped of everything tasty.

I forgot the stuffing and chipolatas  (favourites)

Not even a scone with strawberry jam and cream. for tea.  cry

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I.. personally will eat small amounts of everything that is not swimming in grease and tons of cheese. Met a few ladies last evening with all having DD. One lady works as nurse told me that mixing Milk of Magnesia and Niquil will help you go to the bathroom if need be. As of lately I have been on top of taking probitoics 50 billion and also Colase. Do not want to risk not going to bathroom for a whole day because them problems start with me.
    • Posted

Bathroom visits are not a problem, and never have been, that is why I can't understand how  D.D picked on me. The concern is eating a

full blooded christmas dinner,and end up writhing in agony for doing .

so .Tell me in all honesty, that you have indulged  in said meal and  came out smiling. Mince pies ,especially.interested inquestion

• Posted

Of course you can eat all that you have mentioned, Jac.  Don't have sprouts - you WILL fart (was that an allusion to that when you said 'thow caution to the... wind?).

You know my record; you know my nutrititionists advice.  Don't let IT rule you.  Don't gorge (but that applies at any time, not just Christmas).  Put a large quantity of Cranberry Sauce with your stuffing mix and reduce (if not cut out) the onion.  You know I make sense because ... well, just because.  And we WERE the originator's,  Anyway, Christmas is a lifetime away.  Speak soon.  Jon

• Posted

There you are Jon,!   You can't play fast and loose with my dustbins.

I need an honest answer .before I do my shopping list .

YES !!!! I am aware of your habit of throwing caution to the " windies" 

Have you chomped your way through all the "DO NOT EAT " products

and not had one twinge  ???

I suppose you are going to do your disappearing act now, and leave

me in the dark  frown

• Posted

Thi forum is all over the place.  I've been waiting for you to post something so that I can keep in touch.  No, of course I don't eat Everything.  As you know, over the years, I have learned what to and what not to - and even then the 'safe' foods can cause incredible gut painsI don't eat onions (as you know) - hence my suggestion that you replace these in your stuffing.  Don't go out!  Christmas should be spent at home; log fire and friends/family.  2 years ago we (my extended family) booked and ate at a Salisbury restuarant.  It was foul (ho ho); I sued, ent to Court and was awarded damages and costs. Don't make your sauce (gravy) too thin and you will be fine.  Why mash carrots? Julienne, (Jacqueline) al dente are fine.  What's all this 'going to the bathroom crap?  Have you never heard of U and non U. Lavatory (not toilet or bathroom) Looking Glass (not mirror) etc., etc.,  Jon (reasonably good)
    • Posted

Morning ,try to keep the DIVI DINERS up and running. but it's not easy 

to access any more ,so I have to resort to whatever is showing, then I 

lose the thread, and the plot. Can we stick to Diners forum in future I 

will find it and see what happens. 

Have a little compassion""old Timer"" I merely wanted a pain free 

christmas, without the Blues and Twos being dragged away from their

festivities. 

Replace onions with what,??? It says ""carrots must be pulverised ,and other veg vapourised.,That is the reason for my request, no, need for

a pain free tasty christmas dinner. 

Would that be a U bend, or  U turn ??,and what has Alice got to do

with this ?? Jac

Just a thought ,have you  Unfollowed D Diners   

• Posted

As a dinosaur on finding my way around, please direct me to our original Divi Diners forum, Jac.  I will gladly follow  It's the Mitfords, silly... are you in Wonderland.  When you say IT says carrots must be pulverised, who/what is it?  Veg vapourised?  What a load of bunkum.  If you follow that advice, your whole digestive system will be affected - that's why we have a complicated digestive system.
    • Posted

Go to Forums-----Select D-------scroll down to DIVERTICULA-----------

PRESS------------scroll down to DIVI DINERS----------PRESS-----------

I'm waiting for you----wink  wink

• Posted

I have survived by having gluten free stuffing and suag and i going out try a carvery as that way u can choose things you can eat

• Posted

That is the down side of it unless you know a good pub that will help you by leaving things off or just small portions I have found that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.