Non Stop Headache for weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can anyone help with advise of what might be wrong with my sister who has been on hospital admission for over 1 week and non stop pressured head for over 3 weeks.

She has had Several Blood Tests in the last few weeks,

MRI/MRA Scan,

Lumbar puncture.

Still no trace of any diagnose.

Here is what she wrote:

Its a Persistent Pressured Headache for the past 4 weeks with no relieve at all.

I am on Contstant high dose of Pain Killers: Cocodamol 1000mg,

Ibuprofen 600mg

Propranalol 40mg

Rizatriptan 10mg.

Went to A&E and GP 3 times before admission to hospital.

So fed up.

Talking is a nightmare as the pressure builds on my head

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old is she?

Has this ever happened before?

Did she have both an MRI and an MRA and were both normal?

Where is the pain - front or back, one sided or both sides?

Is it the same severity all the time - or does it get better and worse?

Is it pounding or stabbing or does it feel like a band round her head?

Whats her BMI?

Are there any times of the day when its worse?

Does lying down or coughing make it worse?

does she have an medical conditions?

Apart from the meds you’ve listed - is she taking anything else.

From looking at the tablets they’ve given her - they seem to have diagnosed chronic migraine.

• Posted

Thanks Ben. She is 36yrs with no serious previous medical condition. MRI/MRA came back normal. Lumbar punture normal. Pain is consistent with slight relieve when body is not moving and cold towel on top of head . She has said it gets very bad when she talks now.

Its does not get better at any particular part of the day.

Its a pressured headache in the middle of head.

• Posted

A headache can be a sign of stress or emotional distress, or it can result from a medical disorder, such as migraine or high blood pressure, anxiety, or depression. It can lead to other problems. People with chronic migraine headaches, for example, may find it hard to attend work or school regularly.
    • Posted

i agree- i have missed 6 months of school due too an ongoing headache and daily migraines! yay perfect for teenager!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.