Non-Stop Twitching in Legs for 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with muscle twitches. I was suffering from some back pain towards the end of last year and then really injured it right after thanksgiving. The pain subsided the day after the injury and the pain I was having prior to that hasn't come back. But, ever since I've been experiencing non-stop twitching in my legs, specifically my thighs and in-between my legs. Sometimes I do feel it in my buttocks, calves and even the stomach. The twitch last 2-3 seconds then goes away but this happens numerous times and hour in both legs. It's occurs way more frequently when I'm sitting. I had an EMG 9 weeks into the twitching with completely normal results. Scheduled for a brain, cervical spine and lumbar spine MRI this week but worrying about the twitching has been consuming. No weakness or any other symptoms - sometimes I experience foot and ankle pain along with wrist pain. My mom has a long history with nerve problems stemming from a back injury and now she's 8 back surgeries in but hasn't experienced this type of twitching. Has anyone gone through something similar?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I had disks issues and in the early stages experienced similar issues. My L3,L4, L5 and S1 herniated eventually. My right leg had twitching and along the outside of right leg there was quivering and indentation and then my right foot would turn violently inward. Very painful! It was the early stages of disk herniation that progressed to major surgery many years later. Nerve damage is now a permanent condition with neuropathy and chronic pain. Drs did not diagnose the symptoms and said restless leg syndrome etc. Neuro Drs may be your best source as they have better education in these types of issues. I sure hope this will help you as you search for answers. My best wishes are with you and am sending a hug along too.🍀💐

• Posted

My reply had been deleted but I do not know why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.