Non toxic multinodular goiter!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with non toxic goiter. I have some pretty big nodules the biggest being 2.3 cm, I had a fna came back benign. Pathologist wants to do another biopsy in 6 months,I really don't want a thyroidectomy but the lumps are big and I'm afraid if they keep growing that's exactly what I'll have to get ;( , I've read about natural supplements to possibly shrink it . I've also read radioactive iodine? Has anyone shrunk theirs? Either naturally or with the rai?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had half of my thyroid removed due to nodules mine were benign too but causing awful symptoms xx
  • Posted

I'm having a thyroidectomy Monday. I also have a non toxic multi nodular goiter. My biggest nodule is 3.4x3.5cm. The rest are 1.6-1.8cm. My left love is 6.8cm and the right is 5.4. I chose to get it out because it has grown and will continue because of my lithium for major depression. I don't want to have to through fna's or ultrasounds for the rest of my life. I wasn't told about shrinking it. I hope you get some answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.