non ulcer dyspepsia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've had non ulcer dyspepsia for 20 years,I'm taking raberprazole 20mg and amitrypteline 10mg is there a cure for this illness?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When did you first start noticing your first symptoms of this? Did you eat something or do something before the symptoms started ? What are your symptoms ?

• Posted

20 years ago had all the symptons of an ulcer, over the course of 4 years had 2 ensdoscopies,barium meal and a test for helicobacter was then diagnosed with non ulcer dyspepsia.

• Posted

I only ask if you were doing anything before your symptoms began because last year I ate some food I thought was bad, and I made myself vomit several times and the next morning waking up It felt like I had gastritis or a ulcer. Doctors did a endoscopy and said everything looked normal, but seriously for the past year its felt like I have ulcers or gastritis. I have been on the couch in pain for a year and quality of life went down. I have taken that drug Zantac to try and help my symptoms which kind of freaks me out now. The only thing I found that cools my stomach off and takes nausea away is 2-3 drops of organic peppermint oil a day in water. I wish I never made myself puke because I think I strained my stomach to cause the nerves to be super sensitive to stomach acid or something. I think I screwed up my brain stomach axis. Its gotten somewhat better but still there some what. I am a 39 male , and I have had anxiety issues all my life. Idk how much that plays a role in stomach pain sensitivity but I read it does.

• Posted

The best you can do is to manage it with antacids, avoid stress and foods that trigger symptoms. I take antacids and milk and avoid spicy and very fatty foods. I was offered surgery to correct the weak sphincter causing the GERD but I refused it because I know it would make things worse for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.