Nonstop dull but mild headache

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I'm looking for advice from anyone who may have had something similar. I tend to worry myself and start to think the worst! I have had a very mild headache often on for the past month, but on New Year's eve it became constant. I would describe it as mild, 2/10, located mostly in the back of my neck and temples and can also be uncomfortable over my forehead and behind my eyes.I've been on three days of Augmentin for a suspected sinus infection, but I haven't had any nasal congestion or drainage and no noticeable relief yet. I don't have any red flags or other concerning symptoms or neurologic changes. It is just wearing me down that I've had it for almost one week straight! I'm thinking it may be musculoskeletal or related to neck or back pain. I've seen a chiropractor once and have an appointment with a physical therapist tomorrow. Has anyone had anything similar? It's the longevity that's bothering me! I have spoke with three doctors about it and none of them seem too concerned but I'm getting frustrated! I have taken ibuprofen for a couple days with a little relief, my doctor called in some Imitrex which I am going to try tomorrow just in case this is an atypical migraine? I've tried essential oils and muscle relax sense, the pain will delta one out of 10 but never completely goes away. I am sleeping fine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear what you are experiencing. 

Have you tried making an appointment with the neurologist?

• Posted

Brooke,

I would recommend having a cat scan of your sinus cavity. Definitely sounds like a Sphenoid issue or chronic sinusitis. I currently was diagnosed. Had symptoms for years and finally found out what was wrong with me. This would be a great place to start.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi Huante22 after your diagnosis how was your ailment treated? Are you free from pain now. I think I have similar symptoms.
    • Posted

I just had sinus surgery yesterday for chronic sinusitis, deviated septum, and turbinoplasties (or something like that). I can tell you that the pressure in my head is completely gone and feels amazing. Just super congested. Takes 4-6 weeks for the scarring and inflammation to heal. I feel stuffed up but excited.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.