Noooooo please don't say yes!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can you get frozen shoulder twice in the same shoulder???? I had fs 2years ago in my dominate shoulder (right) was sucesslfully treated thank god! Now on my second in my left shoulder and hoping to get surgery soon to sort it out again...........My biggest fear is that my right shoulder is now giving me some jip - pain soreness etc but no loss of movement......please someone tell me its not going to turn into the dreaded frozen shoulder again!!!!! 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Unfortunately Linda yes it does happen I've just had surgery this week on my left and a friend I know had it in the right and it came good and now she has it in the left

• Posted

Dear Dee, get well and wishing you a complete and painless recovery with total range of motion repaired. You know the drill. So sorry you have had to suffer this in both shoulders. It's so miserable. 

The things that happen to us. OMG, and YIKES, to put it mildly.

• Posted

sad

Wishing you a rapid recovery  smile

It fills me with dread!!! sad

• Posted

Thank you for your well wishes, one thing I can say is if anyone has surgery make sure you start exercising your shoulder straight away. I came home from the hospital and looked up exercises for post op FS because my surgeon said to start physiotherapy straight away, I couldn't get in to see a physio for a week and I just knew that if I did nothing for a week my shoulder would start ceasing up, I'm now 5 days post surgery and with exercise I now have about 30% more movement than I had before. I also had the injection into the shoulder to stretch the capsule a week before surgery and unfortunately it did nothing and the pain was worse than the surgery because my capsule was too tight to add even 3ml of fluid where most have around 20ml.

I believe my surgery will be a complete success, I'm off to physio tomorrow and seeing an onsen therapist on Tuesday. I'll keep you updated

• Posted

After mua you go straight to pt and then go daily for two weeks in addition to excercising at home
    • Posted

I had MUA and arthroscopic capsule release and I had conflicting reports of one Dr saying no movement for a week to another saying movement straight away but my surgeon hadn't organised anything I had to ask him before he left, pretty slack, I'm just glad we have google

• Posted

The statistcs show that it is as rare as hens teeth to get a second frozen shoulder repeat, It could be diagnosed as such of course wrongly.
    • Posted

Yes I have been looking at all the research and I'm sighing with relief  smile 

Thank you  smile 

• Posted

Simple answer yes. I did a post 3rd time lucky. This was refering to  3 opertions on one shoulder along with injections and manipulation. I have it in my other shoulder, but delaying seeing a surgeon as I have just had an op for something else. I know in time I will be seeing him as sometimes when I move the arm I am at screaming point and finding typing is difficult. I lost my job due to the frozen sholder not being able to type. I have also got pain in my right shoulder again. You know the signs. All my treatment was done privately as my GP showed no interest. I was in so much pain I felt I had no choice and eventually paid for an MRI ( my GP refused due to the cost ) to find out what the problem was. I then went through my private insurance. Sadly this does not cover my right shoulder again and not sure if it will cover the left shoulder. Some polices do some don't. My consultant told me his patinets return within two years of the first frozen sholder. I am coming up just a year in October from the 3rd operation. I am frantically exercising to try and kep mobile.

• Posted

Oh nooooo!!! I'm so sorry to hear that your GP has been so unsupportive! 

And to show signs of it happening again? Arrrhhh  sad

It is such a painful vile condition  sad

I hope you get sorted soon........gentle hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.