norethisterone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi is anyone else on northistrrone.I've been on it for about 6 weeks now.I've put on over a stone in weight.not sure if it's the pills or me being off work and not doing much.karen

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I'm not on it, but have used it in the past. I've never noticed any weight gain from it but then I've only ever used it short term to delay my periods when on holiday or for a special event not for my heavy bleeding; I'm on Tranexamic acid for that x
    • Posted

I'm on both.have querie it but Dr says it's okay. Perhaps it's me eating too much.lol.do a physical job so think that keeps weight down without realising it.not been at work for quite a few weeks now.....just need to get back to normal. Karen x
    • Posted

Well Iam 8 weeks post op and I've put on a stone half . One it was Christmas and two we are not doing nothing when we are used to being active. Iam not on your tables. I've just started hrt 2 days ago. Iam on a diet now because I can not fit into nothing. I've gone from 10.7 to 12 stone 1. Iam now weight watchers. I feel so down with it xx
    • Posted

Hi.I know we all put on weight at Christmas. Wouldn't be a good christmas if we didnt. Used to go slimming world till I got poorly.will Def be going back after my op.don't feel down.it will soon come off when we get moving about again.Karen. x
    • Posted

Thats what I'm worried about, my job is quite physical and I also like to fill my cake hole with goodies so I can see me piling the pounds on, I was already a few pounds heavier this morning when I weighed myself rolleyes

• Posted

Arr ty karen. That's all I looked forward to was food a s chocolate lol. I did try to diet in my early days after the op but It made me feel worse. I will like myself again not sure when lol. I hope you feel better soon xx
    • Posted

You just need to eat good ans you will be fine. It's just you can not do nothing apart from eat lol. When is your op xx
    • Posted

Both me and Kazandnell are having our ops on 29th Jan, I used to follow SW so hubby and me have decided to follow plan again from tomorrow, though this will be loosely, by just eating SW friendly meals for now with full plan a few weeks after op x

• Posted

SaMe here. me and hubby said the same tonight.slimming world diet from tomorrow then he went and got a bag of crisps.lol.think we should all just get ourselves back to feeling well and worry about our weight after.xxx
    • Posted

Ok lady's good luck with your op please let us no how you both get on๐Ÿ˜‰

I wish I had did a diet before my op then I would feel much better in my self. Xx

• Posted

Souns like a nice idea Karen but I do fear the massive weight gain if I sit doing nothing then eating all nice things too smile x
    • Posted

The thing is you can not move alot and do anything only eat lol. When I went for a walk it Was just to the fridge lol. Let your body tell you. Iam 8 weeks my mind says yes but my body says no. I've only just started to do more xx
  • Posted

Hi l was on them for a while and found ld put weight on my feet would swell and my stomach bloated would make me depressed only good thing about them is that they stopped the bleeding im now five days post op and have never felt better every body is different listen to your body only u know it l would tell doc this and he would brush me off but as soon as l stopped them yes I started bleeding again but headaches bloated feeling would stop good luck xx
    • Posted

Hi Linda, lovely to see you back and so glad that things are improving massively for you, wishing you a full and speedy recovery xx
    • Posted

So pleased your doing well. can't wait to be that side of my operation.I know it's worth taking the tablet's cause at leaSt it stop the bleedING.keep resting.take care.xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.