Norethisterone acne side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took some Norethisterone for two weeks while i was on holiday to delay my period, and got really bad side effects after i was off it. I have been off it for a month now but have got really bad acne from it. the spots just wont go away, i keep breaking out on my face. did anyone else suffer from this too, if so, how have u tried preventing the spots from coming? help would be much appreciated. thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's reaction to a medicine is different. It is difficult to predict which side-effects you will have from taking a particular medicine, or whether you will have any side-effects at all. The important thing is to tell your prescriber or pharmacist if you are having problems with your medicine. I have been battling acne for over a decade now, without much success. After trying every magic pill and magic cream I am turning to micro peels. I started getting microdermabrasion's and mild peels from Fairview clinic, Toronto. All up I had 4 sessions of each with Dr.Jain and was given 3 skincare products as part of my package. My skin did improve dramatically, the texture was much smoother and brighter and my scarring cleared slightly.
  • Posted

Thanks. I am beginning to think I am getting these spots from stress from work sad cos i have taken the pill loads of times before but never had a reaction. I also had a hormone test done and it came back normal as my doc I may have too many from the pill which was causing the spots, but the results came back normal.

I have been prescribed some adapeline cream to put on my spots, but there is so much scaring on my face, I will try the microdermabrasions in the new year to get rid of it.

• Posted

i hope it all clears up soon for both of us.

i started using clinique three step anti blemish stuff. its only been a few weeks, but loads of ppl have reviewed it well..so worth a try.

have u been to the doc for a hormone test? maybe they can give u some prescription creams or antibiotics cos a few people i have spoken to said they used those to get rid of it. worth a visit! they prescribed me with aspeline cream for a bit. it was ok but really dries out your skin etc but try it cos diff people's skin react differently. but i genuinely think it is stress for me, as i was working at a horrible place where the management bullied all their staff and u just feel tense and stressed out when they spoke. i could actually feel oil on my face when my manager would speak to me, and i noticed over the xmas holidays when i had a week off, no new spots came, like just the old ones and felt a lot calmer. so maybe analyse why u are getting them. but deffo gvisit the doctor as loads of people have used meds to get rid of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.