Normal blood work and scans with cirrhosis?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello everyone! I wanted to know if anybody here has ever had normal scans and blood work while having this terrible disease?? Cirrhosis. That is where I find myself at the moment! Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think scans detect problems in the body and health system. If its normal, then i suppose you may have to take that at face value.

• Edited

Hi James, my mother suddenly had high levels of ammonia to her brain, and high levels of billrubin, and jaundice, and from the lactulose she's been taking, and her Entecavir hepatitus B medication ( since Chemotherapy activated it) we now have her blood work under control. 1 Doctor thinks she has Cirrhosis (not possible if it is this sudden) 1 doctor doesnt think she has hepatic encephalopathy, but she still have physical symptoms like jaundice, bloated stomach, very bad swelling, abdomen pain, and so forth. Have you or anyone found the cause yet?

• Posted

Hi James,

I have had several MRI'S and it shows Cirrhosis I am in constant tolerable pain. All my blood is coming back great and have had every blood test you can have to find out what is causing it. I have thryoid and Hashimotos disease. They told me at first I had fatty liver. I have lost 33 lbs but need to loose more. I actually have a follow up appt coming up. I understand your frustration. I'm taking fish oil, vitamind3 and watching everything I eat. I do not drink alcohol. You are not alone,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.