Normal Bloodwork, Waiting on RAIU Results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all! I've had multiple nodules on my thyroids for years, that I get checked via ultrasound once a year. Last week I went to my GP for a regular check up and she took one look at my neck and said you have a new nodule or one has gotten much bigger. She ordered the regular bloodwork and a nuclear medicine scan. The bloodwork all came back normal and I completed the nuclear medicine scan today, but won't get results until Monday.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with this combination before? If the bloodwork indicates that everything is functioning normally, will the scan just be indicating cancer? My main concern is that one of them has grown so fast in a relatively short period of time. It's only a couple of days but I feel like I'm going crazy, lol! Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I,m not sure if this will help, but I had half of a benign tumor on my thyroid removed 40 years ago and my doctor said if it had been cancer, that the thyroid was the best place to get it because it rarely moved from there. 3 weeks ago I went to the Norman center for surgery on a tumor in my parathyroid gland, they removed it and while looking in the area , they saw a nodule on my thyroid gland which they also removed and it was not cancerous. You have a good chance of being just fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.