Normal echocardiogram results but still have symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm currently 16 years old but I've been having chest pains that seems to be crushing my heart, shortness of breath, lightheadedness and sometimes numbness in my legs and hands, since I was on 5th grade of my elementary. And since now my symptoms seems to be worse it could go a full week having on and off symptoms. The pain usually is in the left side of my chest radiating to my left arm then to the back. I'm having a hard time catching my breath and i couldn't sleep. On 2017 I had a test (echocardiogram) the findings were said normal (I was okay that time) but i had mitral and tricuspid regurgitation which is MILD and said it's normal. I don't know what to do, or why I feel theses symptoms even if I'm not doing anything! Or sometimes due to exertion and if I'm too happy I get chest pains too. Do you have any idea what this is or what should I do? Is it really normal for 16 year old girl to experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please keep in close contact with your doctor and parents. Don't leave the hospital without answers. It sounds like a little more than just stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.