normal ESR&CRP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Severe symptoms of AS /espically in chest- low pack/ , but ESR&CRP is normal!

so severe symtoms with no inflamatory reactive in blood , my doctor tells me that i don't have AS and he prescribed deprission drug for me !!!!

Is there any one who experienced those strange things?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi - The chest pains likely to be cartilage inflammation in the rib cage / sternum

My AS was hips / ribs & sternum / lower back / neck / shoulders / shoulder blades

Why depression - they are reluctant to diagnose AS until they see sacro joints fused.  If you are not depressed - why take pills for depression?

• Posted

I have not take the drug , i am going to do MRI , because all my symptoms reffer to AS with normal blood test.

my doctor said that AS never progresse in one month , and my symptoms had begun one month ago and Developed rapidly ..chest pain make me prone all the time .

• Posted

Were you tested for HLA-B27?  Not everyone with positive HLA-B27 has AS but just about everyone with AS has positive HLA-B27.
  • Posted

Hi. From what I understand those inflammatory markers can be normal and you can still have AS. Mine are normal but I have all the symptoms so my rheumy has ordered x-rays of my sacroileac joints to render his final opinion. If that comes back with degeneration he will make the diagnosis. I'm so sorry for your suffering I know how painful it is. Without a diagnosis it makes it harder as one can really start to doubt themselves. You might want to get a second opinion. Some docs are very black and white and unable to see the shades of gray that are present with these types of illnesses. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.