Normal for LS or not?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been using the steroid cream religiously for past couple of weeks and thankfully, the itch seems to be mostly gone.  Also the sore red patches seem to be diminishing steadily.  However, my right little bit of inner labia that I have left seems to be constantly sore and very sensitive.  If anything rubs on it, it is really painful.  Even patting dry after using the toilet irritates me.  Also using the steroid cream in this area is often excruciating.  I remember I had the same problem with my left inner labia (when it was still there).  Is this pain just because it is disappearing and maybe it will stop when the labia is gone?  Also I am very surprised how quickly my inner labia have disappeared.  It's quite a shock really.  Is this normal for LS?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i'm sounding a bit woolly myself! thanks for raising the topic g30rg.

i was stimulated by hanny's contribution because it seems that, having been given prescriptions to 'treat' LS - patients are going home with the belief that they will recover.

i do feel that in the light of this 'reality check' that medical staff might encourage patients to seek their own cures and to be part of an outward looking team in which we are each primary players....and not mere hapless recipients of a limited recipe. I think the word treatment is a misdescription. Can anyone thing of a better and more accurate way of describing the current recommendations?    

• Posted

I like both your responses - marey and morrell's writing.  We need to stay observant as to what is evolving with and within our bodies.  The medical world can perhaps help us better if we know better what we're struggling with, fighting with, suffering with.  After all, isn't empathy the hardest thing?  Practical response may often seem harsh, but closer to reality and perhaps more effective. Most likely it is a bit of one and a bit of the other that may lead to better outcomes.

And yes, it's our bodies we're talking about.  Becoming pro-active and innovative is a good thing. Perhaps we will be helpful this way to find a cure.  All options open.  And 'working together' to find the best solutions this far known to man.   

• Posted

well 'known to woman' might be better here hanny!

thanks for your kind words of appreciation....it was a long piece and a philosophical one but sometimes there's a need to think about what we're doing before we committ to a single course...when there are options out there. i fear that clob can contribute to the 'fixed mind' ....and the angry mind...its something to watch out for...steroids also mess with blood sugar and increase levels too....so sugar avoidance is more essential. yes agreed hanny working together....so i put the other side....we can find an alternative way...it has already been done and by different routes! in the meantime the security of clob is there too. This argument is a healthy one and people who've been involved with buddhism will know the equinimity behind it!

however when it comes to who do we want to be in charge i say we need to be and that is women collectively.

• Posted

Marey, man stands for human kind.  Male and female can get LS.  One man has just joined our group.  Though on paper there seems to be 'a simple cure' for males, perhaps reality is different.  I hope we hear from him how he's coping.  
    • Posted

yes i looked in he's in good hands sue was offering support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.