Normal MRI

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,

does normal small bowel MRI and colonoscopy mean there is no IBD for sure?

thanks in advance x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, If I were you I would ask your Consultant this question.  He/She is the best one to answer any questions on your results of tests.  That way you will not be misguided.  Good luck and hope its good news for you.
    • Posted

he wasnt interested in talking with me. he just said mri was normal and discharged me so i wonder if there is any point in checking any further or the mri gives a definitive answer. i was shucked with how short the appointment was and how little answers i got to my questions and now i did some research and findings are confusing.

thanks for getting back to me.

• Posted

I know your frustrations and feelings especially when you have a Consultant like this.  There are so many around like that but there are also some very good Consultants out there.  My brother had a consultant who was excellent and spent as much time with my brother as was needed but sadly he has now retired. Because I am under a different area I had a totally different Consultant and a totally different experience, in fact one like yours.  It only happened once to me because the next appointment my Husband got involved with the Consultation.  Go along and ask questions and politely point out, as my husband did, that it is your illness, your body and you need to know everything about the illness.  I now have a good relationship with my Consultant.  You need to stand up for yourself, although I for one know that when you are not feeling too good, you cannot be bothered or even feel like having a confrontation.  Try taking someone who is close to you, with you and prepare questions ahead of your appointment.  Hope some of those pointers help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.