Normal or infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi this is my first time making a thread but I’m looking for some advice/shed some light on this subject.

I was wondering if anyone can tell what it is like to have a UTI? How would the burning feeling feel like? Does the symptoms come and go, get better or is it constant?

Recently just got off my period, but 2 or 3 days ago when I was on it experience this weird intense I think it’s more of an itch when urinating. It’s started subsiding as my period was nearing it end and is gone for now. 

As I never had a uti before Im not sure if it’s just because of pad irration/period problems or if I have an infection down there.

I did have urine test last month which came back clear so I do want to avoid bothering my doctor again only to know it’s nothing. Is it okay if I wait it out?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I had my uti it lasted about 6 months having not had one before it was a scary thing for me. I had no but ing but did have the constant need to urinate. If you just have itching it may be thrush. But if you aren't sure then you must go back to the doctor and have a culture done.

If left untreated utis can develop into kidney infections and cause some serious damage.

Hope this helps

Xxx

• Posted

Thank you for replying, my gp just call and want to discuss some test results I had perviously and say I should have a urine test just to bed safe.
  • Posted

Everyone experiences different symptoms, some more severe than others. The clinical symptoms are burning when you pee, especially after. There can be blood in the urine, and it can also be cloudy. Having the constant urge to pee and barely being able to go is also a sign. You’ll know when you have one. They don’t cause itching, that’s more of a sign of a yeast infection. Drink lots of water and flush out your system as much as possible, if it comes back or continues then I’d go see a doctor. 
  • Posted

Yes you definitely know when you have one 

I wouldn’t say itching this was probably caused by your sanitary pads

You get burning sensation which is constant and needing to pee every 5mins also when you pee your bladder contracts giving really weird sensation 

They are hell and you end up peeing blood 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.