Normal symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with mono on the 27th of last month. I am 23 years old, and I have been out of work for 3 weeks because of it. I have a lot of symptoms that I dont know if they are normal. I have severe anxiety and I am on medication for it but it doesnt seem to be helping much. My symptoms are as follows: headache almost everyday, no appetite i eat once a day at night, weight loss, severe fatigue, ringing in my ears every now and then, blurry vision occasionally in one eye, and a lot of pain. Back pain comes and goes, shoulder pain, neck pain, and mostly a lot of aching in my left arm and leg. The pain in my leg is the worst part, it comes and goes. But when it is there it is severe, and it sucks to try and do anything especially sleep. I have been taking a lot of motrin, using lidocaine patches, and taking epsom salt baths and i dont get much relief. The pain is mostly in my thigh and im super annoyed by it. Anyone else have this issue?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes ive had all of those symptoms including body wide muscle twitching and occasional blurred vision almost like sometimes my eyes have a hard time focusing. i even developed what i think is nerve pain in my legs which i read that EBV can irritate the nerves on some people. The recovery could be long 6 months, to a year for some. Others recover in 3 months. Others might even develop chronic fatigue. Take some magnesium, Weekly vitamin B shots if you can, and some L-Lysine.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the insight! i truly appreciate knowing im not alone. i also hear a heartbeat in my ears when i lay down. Very strange.

• Posted

ive also had ear ringing and my heartbeat in my left ear. It went away though but 5 months in i still have symptoms. I have made recovery but its not complete.

• Posted

i had all of these symptoms in the beginning. it all started with lower back, hip, and sciatica pain, alongside with brain fog, red throat and night sweats. then i had all sorts of body aches, especially in my neck and shoulders, mostly on left side. it's all normal, you're just too early in. some symptoms will disappear over time, while some others might show up.

• Posted

the pains are just ridiculous. with my leg it starts in my foot and goes all the way up to my thigh

• Posted

I definitely had a lot of those symptoms. I had the weight loss (almost 20 lbs) eye blurriness (which really freaked me out), nausea, fatigue, body aches. I'm still trying to put on a lot of the weight I lost but it's been taking some time. Hang in there it takes a long time from my experience, I pretty much just have the nausea and occasional fatigue so fingers crossed things will get better for you soon!

• Posted

Thank you so much! and im so sorry for you! I hope everything remains good for you! The pain in my left leg is the worst part

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.