Normal to still feel numb and pain after 6 month?

Posted , 2 users are following.

In September I was rushed into hospital to have keyhole surgery from a Pneumothorax. I still get pains when I breathe deeply or when I cough/sneeze. When I rub my chest it still feels numb, im just wondering if this will be normal even after 6 month? The consultant also said I should be fine to attend the gym as normal and that was about 2 month ago, how certain is that should I risk it when im still in pain? I still get out of breath very easily too.

Thanks smile 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi JaackBrown, I believe it is normal since I had my surgery a year and half now and the pain still there. That’s why I do breathing exercises daily with my spirometer and stretching. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.