Normality?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 6 weeks post op! Not sure how I should be feeling? Due to return to work next Tuesday but unsure I am ready. Still experiencing discharge and stitch like feeling in left side and pain down below. Is this normal?

Confused x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your discharge is reddish, I'd talk to a doctor. Did you have a vaginal hysterectomy? Is it heavy work you want to go back to?
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, I do believe your not ready to return to work, it's only been 6 weeks and you will still need rests during the day as at times you will feel you just need to put your feet up for 5 minutes. Any pain or discharge you should go to doctors. All depends on what sort of hysterectomy you had as to pain. My advise is take more time at home to recover.Take Care Debs x
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, sounds like your not ready for work yet. My Dr told me up front a min of 8/10 weeks then he would assess.
  • Posted

I have my return to work tomorrow morning although I explained to my manager that I don't see my consultant til the afternoon! Feel like I have no choice other than to return. Confused at what I am supposed to do if the consultant then says I am not ready!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.