Norovirus or something more serious? (Urgent, Very scary!)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, My name is Javid and I all of a sudden became sick over the weekend. I became sick on January 7th,2019 and am still (but not as bad) sick on January 11th,2019. The reason I made this post is because I have never been so sick in my life and i feel as if this is life threatening. At first, I thought that I was going through Nicotine withdrawal, as I have stopped vaping since I've gotten Ill. just earlier I took a few puffs of the Vape to get my nicotine fix and to no avail, I still feel the same. The symptoms are the following: Nausea,Vomitting,Shaking,Shortness of breath,chills,dizziness, and the most worrying of all, My arm and neck and shoulders sometimes have a burning sensation and go a little but not all the way numb. that is very concerning. I haven't been to the doctor. my mom is a nurse and thinks it's nothing serious but I'm very worried. I don't know if it's my severe OCD that's making me worry or if I'm actually dying. please help. I looked up numbness of the arm and it came up with a heart attack. but I don't have any problems with my heart. Help and comfort would be very appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

and also I forgot to mention, I have constipation and sometimes the symptoms come and go. I remember I felt okay for a while then it came back again.

• Posted

Sounds like a bug. You may have shortness of breath due to your anxiety. Wait a week to see if your symptoms go away; if not see your doctor Don't google your symptoms because the information is very general and not specific to your case. Self diagnosing can give inaccurate results and can cause anxiety. Numbness and burning sensations can be a lot of things and not just heart related.I have numbness and burning sensations in the locations you mentioned but mine was diagnosed as neuropathy. To find out why you have these sensations, see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi javid90730

You may very well have Norovirus it is rife right now. You should see your doctor to get a second opinion from your mums. You may also have food poisoning or picked up a stomach bug....what did you eat before you got ill?...do you have a temperature over 37.....for now drink plenty of liquids to wash out the bug....try to fast because the bug will thrive on your food.....but see your doctor for peace of mind to calm your anxiety, also, try not to interact with people this is how a virus or bug will spread....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.