Northwestern Unversity Hospital

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having my surgery at Northwestern University in Chicago May 8th. Does anyone have any experience they can share about having their surgery at this hospital? I am not sure if talking about specific hospitals or doctors is allowed or not so someone please let me know if I can’t. If it’s not, maybe I can speak with some via a private message or email and I  can provide you with the name of my doctor 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, good luck with your decompression - please take it easy after operation - do not rush back to work wait at least 3 months .... I am sorry I am from the UK, however they are similar - all over the world - the main thing is make sure the surgeon doing your surgery have a good success rate and have done lots of it...bring plenty of water (cordial) ..DONT GO HOME RUSHING..if you still unwell - make sure you do not feel the pressure..any longer on your brain / neck/ head...but let us know how are you getting on - GOD bless and Good Luck
  • Posted

Had brain surgery at UAB, and like most patients who have had the decompression, symptoms come back. Then went the Institute de Chiari in Barcelona, Spain for 45 minute outpatient surgery.  This is what saved my life and got me out of bed after 2-1/2 years.  Check out their website.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.