Nortriptyline???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have excruciating headaches, my doc think its a migraine... I think its a stroke or brain bleed... lol. anyways she prescribed Nortriptyline and I hate taking meds.... especially if with this one.... i have to take everyday for it to be successful... anybody take this stuff??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i do! I am experiencing good benefits from it! helps my anxiety and my silent migraines.

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply!! how long have you been on it and how long did it take for it too work?? im so nervous.... but Im desperate

• Posted

ive been on it for a couple months now, but seeing good results. My anxiety is almost non existent. im feeling so much better. it made me tired when i first took it, but only for a couple days and that passed.

• Posted

hello, the headaches are a symptom of high anxiety. unless you get your anxiety down naturally, then you will need meds. your issue is anxiety, the headaches are just a symptom of it. you may need meds, which will lower anxiety. once youve felt better for at least 6 months straight, you may be able to look at coming off it.

• Posted

hello, the headaches are a symptom of high anxiety. unless you get your anxiety down naturally, then you will need meds. your issue is anxiety, the headaches are just a symptom of it. you may need meds, which will lower anxiety. once youve felt better for at least 6 months straight, you may be able to look at coming off it.

• Posted

• Posted

Hi, I take it for ''nerve -ending'' pain. it works a treat for that. it also helps with sleep.

• Posted

Hi, I take it for ''nerve -ending'' pain. it works a treat for that. it also helps with sleep.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.