Nortriptyline

Posted , 6 users are following.

Following my appointment to the neurologist, I have been prescribed Nortriptyline 10mg for 4 weeks. I was previously on Amitriptyline, and felt really bad while taking them. I did tell this to the neurologist hence why the 10mg. My only concern is becoming dependant on these tablets for a long period of time which as a 21 year old I do not wish too. Can anyone offer me any advice? I am finally getting sleep on my own as my body got used to the Amitriptyline. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello. I've been on nortriptylinefor 6 weeks for headaches brought on by a botched lumbar puncture. The nori initially helped decreased the intensity of my headaches, but after 3 weeks of taking it my heart was racing to a point where I have to quite. I tapered the drug over a one weeks period (I was on 20mg) and am currently having a nightmarish time dealing with the withdrawal effects....My body would get so burning hot that I would burst out in sweats and end up with a cold chill afterwards. My heart would race out of the blue and would have laboured breathing. There were moments when I thought I was going to pass out a couple times after bursting out in sweats. I feel nauseous and there is currently so much pressure in my head. And I am also experiencing a lack of appetite. It's only been one weeks for me since I had my last dose of nori and I feel like I'm livingn a nightmare! Be careful if you decide to go on nori!
  • Posted

Hello there I'm new to the site, I've been prescribed amatriptyline 10mg for a burning/numbing/ disabling pain in both my feet I've had lots of blood tests an X-ray plus recently a nerve conduction test, for a possible tarsal tunnel diagnosis, witch I am awaiting results, The pain is worse when I'm at work placing pressure on my feet!! It's almost disabling very scary!! I'm scared I won't be able to work anymore! And these tablets are not exactly making me feel great! I'm worried for my future, and not sure weather to carry on with the amitriptyline or not. Will it be a cure or just a pain reliever!!! So Will I end up on it forever, if no cure is found for my burning feet, would like to talk to someone who has same problems?! Thank you :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.