Nortryptalin tapering

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey. I've got a slipped disc and have just been put on gabapentin. I'm wanting to stop my nortrptalin. I'm only on 10mg a day but been on it for 5 years. my GP said I can take both but I had a previous oramorph addiction and worked so hard to get off it and other meds too I don't want to be on all this medication. How do I taper off just 10mg bc I was told not to just stop it.

I'm in so much pain with this slipped disc I've been put on 5ml oxycodone, 2.5mg diazepam and 100mg gabapentin 3 times a day then 5mg of diazepam at bedtime. This is for 3 days only due to previous addiction and if it doesn't improve I'll be sent to hospital. I should add that i was on the oramorph and nortriptalin for pain due to complications from birth 7 years ago which has left me with permanent nerve damage.

Also if anyone out there is struggling with an oramorph addiction I'm more than happy to help and give guidance on how I came off it. honestly it was the hardest thing emotionally but it was the best once I'd done it!

Thank you 😊

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.