Nose airflow issue after septoplasty

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hoping someone can figure this one out for me. I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction a year ago, standing or sitting upright my left nostril is now totally open, right side is restricted. Previous my left nostril was 100% restricted, right side is about the same.

• If I am laying on my left side with my right nostril up, my right nostril mostly frees up and my left nostril is restricted.
  • If I lay on my right side with my left nostril up, it's totally clear and my right nostril is totally clogged, no airflow.
  • If I exert myself, both nostrils are totally 100% open and awesome within seconds, but shortly after the exertion I am back to normal, right nostril restricted. Both nostrils would open up 100% with exertion before the septoplasty.
  • Nasal irrigation does not help at all.
  • My ENT at 6 month and 1 year POST OP says everything looks totally open, he can see to the back of my nose. Brushed off that I still have issues.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do you know what kind of turbinate reduction was done? there are several different types of surgeries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.