Nose and sinus burning and other unexplained symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, since September I've been suffering with a myriad of symptoms which get progressively complex and worse over time. It all started with odd chest pains on the left, spasms in my sternum at night then a blocked nose. Fast forward to October and three antibiotics later it had turned out that I had an infection in an old root canal (upper left molar), had it extracted, all was supposed to get better. Except it didn't. The pain persisted, I was put on avamys, more doxycycline, sinupret, carried on with vicks steams etc. 

At Christmas I started having trouble swallowing, pain in my chest. Stopped sinupret and on NY shortly after putting avamys in my nostril, my nose and upper teeth started to burn like hell and all stiffened up, as did mucosa of my mouth. Later, it subsided, but the urning sensation kept returningand spread over my nose, ears, face, back of the head. I also had bladder spasms, problems urinating and itchy bottom. I'm also constantly cold. 

As it stands, my GP put me on gabapentin (I had a clear head mri, no infection, normal blood count,negative for parasites, both in blood and in stools). 

My nose, gums, sometimes tongue burn and ache and my GP keeps claiming it's depression and anxiety. I'm reluctant to accept this diagnosis to be honest. If anyone could offer any clues I would be mostly grateful.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For the nose burning I dip a question in Vaseline and coat the inside of my nose. The winter cold and inside heater dries out the membraines in the nose. Sometimes allergies and taking antihistimes can dryboutbthe nasal membraines. 

• Posted

Hey, I do try to mositurise my nose but I can't put anything in it as it hurts like hell. Whatever I try hurts my teeth as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.