Nose bleeds

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have never had a nose bleed in my life but recently had two when i was dropping off to sleep , both times i was almost asleep, when felt something dripping from my nose, turned light on to find it was blood, could this be another symptom (one of our many wonderful signs of peri or menopause,) I'm 52

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, yes that is what I go through as well. Is it your left side only? Mine usually bleeds one day, in the evening and it would happen around ovulation. All hormones I'm sure. Wonderful world of peri/meno. Take care!

• Posted

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing something similar in perimenopause. I have not had actual nose bleed but there is blood when I blow my nose. Seems to happen around ovulation and the newly acquired PMS days right before my period.

All the symptoms are too much!

• Posted

thanks for the reply,

i have the blood on blowing my nose too, but this was just an actual nose bleed definitely seems a new symptom every day x

• Posted

I had a huge bleed in my nose so much that my Dr husband wanted to cal the ambulance is your liver OK ?

• Posted

I had this too, once some time ago and again the other month, just came on, i think the membranes in the nose get fragile and also with the allergies in menopause dont help either i guess! Also gums tend to bleed more x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.