Nose blocked due to covid test

Posted , 2 users are following.

4 months ago I got a covid test and got negative results. It was a standard test in which a tool was inserted deep in the nose. As soon as I got the one of my nostril was blocked I thought it was normal for a while but a few days later I realized that the nostril which was blocked before wasn't blocked anymore and instead the other nostril was blocked now. This keeps on happening back and forth randomly to this day, 4 months since I've gotten the test. I've tried using nose inhalers excessively and that didn't change a single thing. What can I possibly do? Do I have to get a check-up or it this just normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I know well how horrible it is to get a stuffy nose, because I have rhinitis. Now, your case is very strange. I think the first thing I can tell you is pretty obvious, which is, talk to a doctor about it. The second thing would be inhalation, but since you have already done that, maybe you should try saline solution.

Also try to see if there are other factors that are causing this. A new perfume, animal dander, I don't know. Maybe some other reason just coincided with the day you took the test.

I hope it goes away soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.