Nose completely clogged after Sinuplasty - any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys! i had a balloon sinuplasty + concha bullosa crushing + turbinate reduction on thursday the 29th. its honestly been pretty miserable for me as i havent been able to breathe out of my nose - at all. HOWEVER, today i felt tje left side loosen up just a bit after a sinus rinse and when i snorted in, a huge piece of mucous/old blood came out into my mouth before i coughed it up. it was HUGE.

sorry for the tmi, but taking that little breath in that nostril - i could almost cry i was so happy.

anyways, does anyone have any advice on how to unclog the other side? im assuming theres another giant mucous thing lodged there. i have a post op + cleaning appointment on friday, so i kno i should just wait for that, but mouth breathing is just so awful - sore throat, dry lips, etc etc.

also cant really smell anything - will that return?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello! I'm aware you posted this a long time ago but I wonder how you are doing now regarding your sinus issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.