Nose in vision

Posted , 11 users are following.

i keep seeing my nose in my vision 24/7 and its giving me bad anxiety has anyone have this and fixed it?! pls help

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I mean i don't have the smallest nose but I'm pretty sure that's most people's view if they're consciously focusing on it. Try some distraction techniques to draw away your focus.

• Posted

no its there all the time with out me trying to look its just in my vision and so are my lips

• Posted

Yeah i guess when u think about it, it is. But the brain is designed to tune it out and even if you're not purposely looking, you are thinking about it. Do something that takes full concentration like puzzles or drawing and seek help from counselling if it still troubles you. You could also get your eyesight checked

if you're worried but sounds to me like your vision is fine you just need to manage the anxiety.

• Posted

All of us have our noses in our line of vision. Our brains just tune it out. Use some breathing techniques to distract and calm yourself down. Isn't anxiety a Bi**h?

• Posted

no its there all the time with out me trying to look its just in my vision and so are my lips

• Posted

Hi I have never though about the before but you are right. It is absolutely normal though and nothing to worry about. Try and stop focusing on this as you will drive yourself crazy. There is nothing wrong with you! x

• Posted

When you have anxiety, you tend to get hyper focused on things, I do this all the time. Whether its your nose, your heartbeat, a pain, a twinge, etc. Its the anxiety doing this, thats all. Once you calm down it will go away, I know I've been through it all.

• Posted

It's just like everything else that is health anxiety related. Once you notice something, you start focusing on it like crazy. For example, I'm terrified of something called numb chin syndrome. It all started with a little bit of tingling in my lower lip on one side. I made the mistake of googling what could be causing it and it all went downhill from there. I started to constantly check my chin to see if it was numb and started to feel like I had less feeling in that side than I did the other side. The obsession comes and goes and I'll go for a month or so without worrying only to start spiraling again. Do something to distract yourself from it. It won't happen overnight but soon you'll quit noticing it so much.

• Posted

I'm also seeing my nose in vision I'm anxious please reply if you're okay how you manage to get rid of it .....

• Posted

Hi Lauryn,

Seeing your nose can be related to anxiety, but it is important note to note that this is not always the case. Yes, we can see our nose when we think about it but seeing you eye 24/7 is not normal and you should see a health care professional . One reason you may be able to see your eye is something called Bulging eyes (exophthalmos). This is where your eyes bulge due to an overactive thyroid gland which impacts your field of vision and possibly causes you to see your nose.

some other reasons you may be experiencing this include eye disorders such as strabismus (crossed eyes), amblyopia (lazy eye), or cataracts and Certain medications and neurological issues.

I know this because I have been suffering this this issue for 15 months, I have had two CT scans, an MRI, several eye tests and blood tests, none of which have discovered the cause.

If you have fixed this issue I would love to hear about it!

• Posted

does your problem sorted out? plz reply me ,i have this problem for past few days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.