Nose move subtly during respiration

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've gone thru Septo. + turbinate surgery on 31 Dec 2015 and so far, I'm breathing better but I'm not sure if it's optimal. Anyway, I noticed something I never noticed it before. It's that the sides of my nose literally move subtly inward (while inhale) and outward (while exhale). This movement is noticeable during forced/strong inhale/exhale (which happens during fitness training). Is this really normal?

Another question: Is there any way for another doc to tell if the doc who originally did the operation removed an excessive cartilage area or he just removed the minimum amount required to straighten the septum? I'm worried that the previous septoplasty operation weakened the structure of my nose in a way which make the inhale/exhale process move the skin of my nose subtly during normal breathing and noticeably during strong breathing sad

Your feedback will be much appreciated (as to whether your nose guys move during breathing or it's just me)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi magmag, I know what you mean with the movement of the nose after surgery. I just had surgery on Feb 28. 2017. Did your throat go sore from the scope they put in your throat? Dry blood lines my nose. Can't remove afraid I will pull out the plugs. I thought when maybe the nose will go back in shape when they remove the plugs. I can barely swallow my throat is so sore it's ridiculous. Glad I have good pain pills. So where did you have your surgery? Did it help ? I was having pain in my head before my surgery. Hopefully it will stop as I wait to heal. Jeannie

• Posted

This is not related to my original question at all. Could you please open a new thread and ask what you want there?! Thx
    • Posted

So Sorry to bother you . That I didnt meet your standard  of conversation. Thought we had something in common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.