Nose Polyps One Side of Nose

Posted , 2 users are following.

I get a nose polyp more on one side of nose than the other, also the ear on that side also has alot more problems with blockages and pain and whatever. Researching onlne I saw some posts saying that it is unusual for it to be more one side than the other and can be cancer! Now am worried sick. Please tell me your thoughts but please dont say stuff like go to the doctor... if you dont know anything then please do not comment.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carmel

I have recently had the same problem, went to see my GP and was told by GP after a few tests that the tube that runs from the back of the nose to the ear is blocked and was prescribed an antibiotic nasal spray called Mometasone Furoate. So it may not be as bad as you think.

Ask your GP to refer you to an ENT consultant.

• Posted

The eustachian tube. Have been researching abot how this can affect and it expects who it is just one side, it can cause all this and more and apparently many doctors keep insistingt there is no such thing and taht it is only sinus or only polyps or only a cold or whatever so in a lot of cases the person gets it over and over again with no end to it. The trouble with being refered to ENT is that they only deal with plumbing problems and give the same medicine you can get from doctor. Cannot see how an antibiotic spray makes the eustachian tube work properly either. But everythng I have read said that they can deal with it with medication and only eventually try surgery as a last resort and taht this often does not work.
    • Posted

The formula in the spray breaks down the mucus that has blocked the Eustachian tube and as it is an antibiotic based, it will also clear any infection. Regarding to the polyps, sometimes your GP my refer you for some tests to determine the bacteria behind them.
    • Posted

The spray you saiod about is just nasonex, the most common spray given to people wiht sinus problems. It is to get rid of polyps. Not for the eustachian tybe. Have had it many times. It never sorts out this probolem beause it is not for this problem. And the problemk with the eustachian tube is more likely to be that ist is open when it should be closed. Sometimes they operate t5o close it.
  • Posted

Hi Carmel

I have recently had the same problem, went to see my GP and was told by GP after a few tests that the tube that runs from the back of the nose to the ear is blocked and was prescribed an antibiotic nasal spray called Mometasone Furoate. So it may not be as bad as you think.

Ask your GP to refer you to an ENT consultant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.