Nose running

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone experience constant nose running,sneezing and sore neck? Very frustrating.Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Funny you should mention that Marilyn but yes I wake up everyday with a runny nose and it hurts like Hades to blow it and wipe it. Not so much sneezing but my neck is super stiff.

But I have neck issues and I suffer from chronic sinusitis so I'm not sure how much it has to do with the TN or with the issue already present.

The funny thing is since day one of my official diagnosis I've been trying to find a pattern to my condition and every time I think I've figuring it out the pattern changes leaving me frustrated and confused. 😕

• Posted

Same nose and neck symptoms here too but i've never had sinusitis. I'm thinking it must be related. I never considered it to be related to my TN, before now.

• Posted

Funny you should mention that Marilyn but yes I wake up everyday with a runny nose and it hurts like Hades to blow it and wipe it. Not so much sneezing but my neck is super stiff.

But I have neck issues and I suffer from chronic sinusitis so I'm not sure how much it has to do with the TN or with the issue already present.

The funny thing is since day one of my official diagnosis I've been trying to find a pattern to my condition and every time I think I've started figuring it out the pattern changes leaving me frustrated and confused. 😕

• Posted

I do have nearly constant runny but assume it is allergies, however I do have constant pain in same side as my TGN. I have had TGN for 10 years but feel very blessed that my pain is now being largely controlled by large doses of Gabapentin. and Carbamazepine...just never know when pain will. strike. Still, really blessed as to how it has been

FH

• Posted

Several are saying same thing. I thought my nose and neck symptoms were residual damage left behind by shingles. This can't be a coincidence.

• Posted

I do have more sensitivity in my left eye. constantly feels moist and almost tears when in the sun. my tn was left side. I noticed the eye problem only after my mvd surgery in 2017. This amount other permanent side effects post surgery.

• Posted

l have had eye sensitivity for many years.Cant be in cold or wind.Water pours out of left eye to the point l cant see.Was told it was dry eye syndrome.Sinus problems since 2005,given antibiotics for sinus infection.Got new dr and after 1 yr of sinus problems she has pieced together trimengal.Now waiting on mri and neurologist.Very confusing and painful disease.

• Posted

Yes, you are correct friend. This IS a very confusing and painful disease. But you're in good company here and you're not alone in it. There are so many good people on this site. They've lived it and generously offers any advice they can to help another. After years of suffering with TN, it stole my whole life away and I never felt so alone. Then i found this site. I can't even recall how i found it or even if i was searching for it. But i did find it and it became my rock. I still had the disease but i didn't feel alone anymore. Our loved ones care for us and they love us and that is a beautiful thing. But ONLY someone who has experienced TN can ever comprehend what you're going through and i realized how important it is. The pure knowledge of knowing someone feels your pain and knows your fear, as you type your words. I found many loving people, fighting the same disease but having more advice and suggestions than most of us ever get from a doctor. Here, i found special friends. I'm glad you are here. Don't go through this alone. Support is all around you. When you need that sensitive ear just to listen, there's always one of us here : ) Take care.

~Rhonda

• Posted

THANK YOU for posting this question, Marilyn.

I have never heard it from anyone before now but i see that several others who replied to you are saying the same thing. I have TN, caused by recurring shingles and always assumed the runny nose and sore neck was left behind by the shingles. It never occurred to me that it could be tied to my TN. Thanks again. Take care of yourself and God Bless.

~Rhonda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.