Not a night sweat but waking up hot in the morning

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi ladies. i have had the occasional night sweat and hot flash during the night. But lately, I have been waking up hot in the morning. sometime a little sweaty around my neck but mostly just really hot. I'm not sure if it is waking me up or its just time to get up, but it is every single morning Anyone else?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yep. Happens to me just about every morning. For me, its usually very early morning hours and always just in my chest and neck area. It has been going on at least two years now. Occasionally, I'll experience a night without it, but thats rare. I sleep with the fan on in my room 24/7...even in the winter. FUN!

• Posted

Sane with me too dear

Ur not alone.

its because of Harmones up and down.

Peri effect

tk

• Posted

Hi ladies, yes I get it also most mornings, early hours, chest and neck, and forehead. I feel as if I've went back the way re flushes since changing from tablets to patches, will need to see if I can up the dose on them, as I've persevered enough 😔

• Posted

when you say early morning hours about what time?

• Posted

It varies, but I would say somewhere between 1am and 6am. At times, the flushed feeling will wake me up and the sweating follows. If I'm lucky, I sleep through it and just wake up with the damp feeling on my neck and chest (usually because the dog wakes me up to go out).

• Posted

i agree that it is better to wake up to the damp feeling and miss the whole fire experience

• Posted

This happens to me all the time, but I am overweight and I think I may have. sleep apnoea (not sure how it is spelt)/during the night.

Do not think it is related to the menopause but in my case obesity.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi Heather, it could just be hormones?

I f you think its possibly sleep apnoea then see Dr about it, sleep deprivation is awful 😏

• Posted

I am positive it is sleep apnoea .

Last week I went under General anaesthetic to have an ovarian cyst removed and I was on oxygen for hours after the operation so much so that in a ward of women I was second to get my operation and the last out.

I informed them pre operation that I thought I may have this they asked if my husband had witnessed this ( marching band could walk through my bedroom after he falls asleep and he would be none the wiser ) lack of oxygen and he said no as he always falls asleep first.

I have been waking up with splitting sore headaches and fast pulse and when I looked on nhs website it said overweight, broken sleep and all of the above. I have lost confidence in my doctor as they see anxiety before they see me, if you see what I mean.

Sorry for long explanation .......Heather x

• Posted

well, here i am at 3:30 am burning up in a hotel room because we are on a little vacation. i got a water bottle out of the mini fridge and holding it on my forehead trying not to wake up anybody else.ugh

• Posted

hi - my hot flashes/flushes always come on between 2:00 am & 6:00 am & start out with burning face, neck & sometimes palpitations, but always end up with burning back, chest, neck & sometimes forearms & i am 7 years post meno, but crazy symptoms didnt start kicking in for me until about 4 years ago - also, after an episode i can get very anxious, weird stomach feeling - i always thought the burning sensation was separate, now i know its part of the "hot flash" & mine are just particularly intense -

• Posted

i guess mine just feel like i am in an oven. and then i will just sweat a little around my neck and between my boobs and in my elbows .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.